Our Learning Journeys
At South Malling we pride ourselves in shared learning journeys that are taught across the school. Learning journeys are planned in a cross-curricular fashion as much as possible, allowing children to make links between subjects. The grand finale of each learning journey is a open afternoon or event when parents visit to see the high standard of their child's learning.
You can download full details of the curriculum for each year group below. If you have any questions or feel that you can support the learning in any way, please speak to your child's class teacher.
- Red Rabbits (Reception) Learning Journey 15-16.doc
- Gold Giraffes (Year 1) Learning Journey 15-16.doc
- Turquoise Tigers (Year 2) Learning Journey 15-16.doc
- Blue Birds (Year 3) Learning Journey 15-16.doc
- Lemon Lions & Lemon Leopards (Year 4) Learning Journey 15-16.doc
- Jade Jaguars (Year 5) Learning Journey 15-16.doc
- Purple Polar Bears & Purple Penguins (Year 6) Learning Journey 15-16.doc
Each subject and area of learning is led by a member of staff, please feel free to contact them for further information or if you would like to support us in an area of learning.
English - Nicola Geering
Maths - Adam Moylett
Science - Callum Wooller
Religious Education - Catherine Harrison
Computing - Annie Schulte
PE - James Beattie
Art and Design Technology - Michelle Harley
Geography and History - Gemma Hart
Personal, Social and Citizenship Education - Viv Burch
Outdoor Learning - Maxine Hunt
Star (more able) Learners - Anna Straker
Early Years - Barbara Smale
Music and Modern Foreign Languages - Katy O'Neill