The amount of time that children spend on homework will vary because pupils have very different interests and work at different rates. Our guidelines include:
Daily reading plus other activities when appropriate e.g. spelling, maths activity.
YEARS 1 & 2
Weekly spelling/phonics or maths activity (1 week spelling/phonics, 1 week maths activity)
Easter and Summer topic based homework. Children will select activities from a menu and bring in their completed tasks at the beginning of term.
YEARS 3, 4 and 5
Daily reading or comprehension activity
Weekly spelling activity or mental maths activity.
Termly topic based homework. Children will select at least two activities from a menu and bring in their completed tasks throughout the term.
As above plus additional tasks each week in preparation for SATs
- Gold Gibbons Home Learning.pdf
- Turquoise Toucans Term 1 Home Learning Menu.pdf
- Year 3 Term 1 Home Learning Menu.pdf
- Orange Otters Term 1 Home Learning Menu.pdf
- Emerald Eagles Home learning guidelines.pdf
- Year 5 Term 2 Home Learning Menu
- Year 6 Term 1 Home Learning Menu.pdf
- Year 6 Swinging 60s comprehension.pdf
- Year 6 Mods and rockers Powerpoint.pptx
- Year 6 Term 1 Homework menu extra choice.pdf