The amount of time that children spend on homework will vary because pupils have very different interests and work at different rates. Our guidelines include:
Daily reading plus other activities when appropriate e.g. spelling, maths activity.
YEARS 1 & 2
Weekly spelling/phonics or maths activity (1 week spelling/phonics, 1 week maths activity)
Easter and Summer topic based homework. Children will select activities from a menu and bring in their completed tasks at the beginning of term.
YEARS 3, 4 and 5
Daily reading or comprehension activity
Weekly spelling activity or mental maths activity.
Termly topic based homework. Children will select at least two activities from a menu and bring in their completed tasks throughout the term.
As above plus additional tasks each week in preparation for SATs
- Year 3 Term 3 Homework Menu.pdf
- Orange Otters Term 3 Homework Menu.pdf
- Emerald Eagles Term Homework menu.pdf
- Purple Polar Bears ArithmeticPaper2.pdf
- Purple Polar Bears FDP conversion to learn.pdf
- Purple Polar Bears Geometry position and direction.pdf
- Purple Polar Bears Islamic art guide.pdf
- Purple Polar Bears Fortune teller.pdf
- Purple Polar Bears Mystery Story Word Mat.pdf
- Purple Polar Bears SPAG mat.pdf
- Purple Polar Bears Think First - Activity Sheet.pdf
- Purple Polar Bears Term 3 Homework Menu.pdf